Held in the Innovation Hub at Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM), eight startups from the San Diego region went through three 20-minute feedback sessions – speed dating style – with experienced entrepreneurial mentors. The room buzzed with animated conversations during this mentoring hour, and many startups found value in the shared ideas and experience.
“The advisors which CONNECT recruited to donate their time were very high caliber. Their insights into improving the EnZen pitch deck and concepts for improving EnZen’s strategy were deeply appreciated,” said Dominic King-Smith, President and CEO of EnZen Therapeutics, Inc.
Digitally “meet” the companies at Founder’s Feedback below:
- EnZen Therapeutics, Inc. – focused on developing prescription products for Less Common Dermatological Conditions, aiming to improve patients’ lives through topical treatments with inherent safety advantages.
- MyoGene Bio – dedicated to cutting-edge therapies for muscle diseases. Their lead program, MyoDys45-55, offers an effective gene editing treatment for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- Fore Genomics – offers FORESITE 360, utilizing the latest DNA technology to provide comprehensive insights into a child’s health, uncovering disease risk factors and guiding preventative healthcare decisions from a young age.
- FloraTrace, Inc. – offers transparency and risk management solutions for global trade, specializing in origin verification for sustainable sourcing to protect brand reputation and comply with trade requirements.
- Resolute Science, Inc. – offers a platform technology, RBC-Elevate™, that enhances peptide and protein therapeutics’ efficiency, safety, and durability by attaching them specifically to red blood cells in vivo, benefiting strategic partners’ medicines.
- LIMBER – focuses on making digital prosthetic technology more accessible through innovative design and industrial 3D printing.
- Advanced Targeting Systems – specializes in providing targeted reagents for scientific research and drug development, known for pioneering the use of targeted conjugates for “Molecular Surgery.”
After the mentoring sessions, tours of the CSUSM Innovation Hub were given, including the BSL-2 laboratory space in the Infinity Lab. Interested parties were invited to meet and network with the startup companies. Many reported forming valuable connections, and said they look forward to the next event.
“[Founder’s Feedback provided a] great audience and networking for what we are trying accomplish as an Innovate 78 group and as a tech-focused group in North County,” said Anita Baranowski, CEO of Left Coast Engineering in Escondido.
Are you the owner of a startup company in North County? Or are you interested in meeting and supporting startups with experience or funding? Contact Caitlyn at email@example.com to receive updates and invitations to future events like these in North County.
Innovate78 is a multi-city partnership along the SR 78 corridor with a shared vision to boost economic prosperity and innovation in North County. Together, the cities of Carlsbad, Escondido, Oceanside, San Marcos and Vista supports the business ecosystem of the 78 Corridor by elevating North County San Diego’s reputation and assisting businesses as they evolve. This partnership helps businesses prosper in place for the betterment of all who work and reside in the region. For more information about Innovate78, contact Michelle Geller, Economic Development Manger for the City of Oceanside at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more North County business events? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.
About the Author
Caitlyn Canby loves to discover and share people’s stories. She has her bachelor’s degree in Communications, Print Journalism with over 8 years of journalism experience. An Escondido native, she just moved back from Catalina Island to North County with her husband and two children to the town of Fallbrook. Caitlyn enjoys collaborating on projects as Marketing and Events Coordinator at SDNEDC, traveling, and exploring new restaurants, venues, experiences, and cultures.